Monday, April 26, 2010

Pregnancy Update

I'm now in my 17th week and have since put on almost 4 kg (from my usual pre-pregnancy weight) but only about 1 kg (from my last weight BEFORE I was pregnant. I put on 3 kg during that period before I got pregnant, remember?)

I'm still feeling sleepy and easily out of breath. The tummy seems to have BLOOMED over the 2 weeks during Mr Liow's absence. I think I must have happily overeaten now that the appetite is back. The last time I saw my gyne, she said my weight gain was good. I hope it still is.

My tummy @ 11th weeks (supposedly nothing much so whatever bulge was my own fats to begin with but I was not putting on much weight then due to lack of appetite)




My tummy at 14th weeks (during Mr Liow's absence and the return of my appetite)


Here's AN helping to capture my tummy from a different angle
My tummy at 17th weeks (It's so much bigger than when I had AN! I feel so fat...and breathless all the time :(..... )



The little one has been bumping around once in a while since a few days ago. AN made her presence felt when she was about 20th week, this one at 17th week. It does not feel very obvious, and does not show when I feel it moving, but this time I am more sure it's fetal movements instead of gas than I did the first time. It's still very gentle bumps, almost negligible unless I'm still or trying to feel it.

I am not feeling as good as I did with my first time, even with makeup and all (but it does help a little, knowing I do not look as dead as I feel).

Will be having the ultrasound in 2 weeks, and another blood test for down syndrome 2 days after that. Should be able to tell if this is a boy or girl by then. Am still hoping for a girl but whatever the Lord gives, we will be thankful.

AN is helping me apply moisturiser/ stretchmark cream on my tummy as often as we remember. It's necessary to apply them this time coz this time, the tummy really feels bigger! It's already so big at 17th weeks....how large will I be in my 3rd trimester?? And this time, risk of stretchmarks will be much much higher..uh-oh..

Oh, I think I've also stopped producing milk for AN. She says she's drinking whenever I ask but I express and nothing comes out now. Also, my breasts have gone back to their pre-pregnancy size even though I had been nursing AN all these time but I feel them firming up again since the start of my 2nd trimester. I think milk's coming back again. There's still nothing when I tried expressing (and AN still insists she's still getting milk) but I can feel it's becoming more like it did when in my 3rd trimester during my 1st pregnancy.

2 comments:

min said...

wow...tummy big ler...NICE! ^^
-m&m mama

Boredlittleflower said...

Sob sob. Now already so big... later on how? Still got 23 more weeks to go. This time really no space for BM on my laps liao. Hehe.