Sunday, May 30, 2010

Goodbye to my trusted Maxima

We have had a very good relationship for the past 1 year and 2 months. You brought me everywhere I needed to go and I know I could trust you to bring me to places safely.

You taught me to drive and gave me the confidence to do many things. I could overtake cars effortlessly and filter out onto highways without much worries. You had everything I needed and more and everything I needed in you were within reach.

You kept my butt (and all 3 other passengers') warm when it was cold, gave me light when it was dark and ventilation without needing to wind the windows down (i dun think I'll ever get to have another car with a sun/moon roof), sunshades that go up and down at a button, storage spaces that do not usually come in a saloon car (where I can keep extra clothings and snacks for AN), power to go as fast as we needed you to (whenever necessary), oh, and you warm my hands when we go out during winter.

You were so quiet when we were on the move, and so very agile. AN could fall asleep in you and ever so soundly. You had a map with you all the time and even though I no longer trust your directions (after you brought me into dead ends and construction sites), I could still see ahead with your map.

You were with us from the start of AN's journey to and from Gymboree all the way till her last. You were with us when AN and I first travelled alone, when AN would kick up a big fuss whenever I strapped her to her carseat, till today when the carseat is just another seat to her.

You brought me to visit friends, something I would have never been able to do without you in Mr Liow's absence. You were as kind to Mr Liow as you were to me: changing seat/mirror positioning was as easy as depressing a button.

I will never be able to find another car like you. You have served us well.

My dear Maxima, I am already missing you. Know that you will never be forgotten and no matter how many other cars I get to drive or ride in my lifetime, you will always be on my mind.

May your next owner be a kind driver and continue to be the good and faithful transportation that you have been with us.

No comments: