Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Colostrum

My colostrum came in abt 2-3 weeks before we shifted out of Sonoran Terrace.

The past time I had milk for AN, it was around 3rd month of my pregnancy. Nothing came out as I expressed but AN said she was getting some. Made me wonder if she just didn't want to be frank with me in case I take her off nursing.

The last time I tried expressing again, it was during the busy periods of packing. I noticed clear liquid.

Then I felt fuller breasts like I used to have when nursing AN full time during her first few months of life.

At 26th weeks now, my breasts feel less full and tight and once in a while, I do noticed AN swallowing as if she's drinking well when she nurses. Colostrum supply seems good at this point as I expressed my 'mem mems' to see how much I have now.

Not such a good idea to be expressing anything at this point since I almost had AN at 34th wk due to the fact that I tried to massage my nipples too much then (to prep them for AN's arrival so that it would be easier for her to latch on).

Then again, since I'm still nursig AN to sleep, the risk of boy's early arival plus history of delivering earlier, is still a call for attention.

I've calculated: since Dr Henry said history is very likely to repeat, I am expecting baby boy to arrive anytime from 8-11weeks time.

Fast right? This pregnancy seems to pass so fast.

No comments: