Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Day 15: Recovery

AN's temperature went up to 39.6C again last night so Mr Liow suggested we feed her medicine at 1+am. Her next dose was supposed to be at 2am. She slept through the night after that. And as we took her temperature, it was kept below 39C after the dose of fever medicine.

Mr Liow was tossing and turning in bed. He was suffering from tummyache himself and busy rushing to and from the toilet. I was worried abou him too. This had better not be stomach flu. Thank God I saw him resting better by early morning but he was still waking up whenever I woke up to take AN's temperature. Maybe he wasn't feeling as well as I thought he was.

She had her Klacid at 8pm last night. That was her most feared medicines. She would open her mouth on her own even though she was whining about not having her medicines but with Klacid, she actually shut her teeth tight and spit out part of the 3mls. It must have tasted terrible as warned by Dr Tan. I could feel the grainy particles when she spat out part of it. Should have tasted like coarsely crushed panadol...it's no wonder when we woke her up at 1+am for fever and phlegm medicine, she was able to dreamily plead that we do not give her the 'white medicine'. She took the rest willingly when we assured her there wasn't to be any of the white medicine then.

She woke up near 10am this morning, had a little milk and then I had to force-feed her Klacid again while my mum held her down. She spat out some again and I gave a little more to make up that dose.Doses are to be 12hrs apart, so she's spared the agony till tonight.

AN asked to nap at 11.30am, barely 2 hrs after she woke up in the morning and did sleep till almost 2pm when she woke up for porridge. Was glad she had more than she did the last few days.

We did a bit of writing, watched a bit of YouTube, and she said she was sleepy again but was distracted by my parents who were enjoying chocolates. She couldn't have any, so she asked for raisins which I allowed her to have. My dad took her out for a short while to get newspapers and I thought I could bath her when she came back but she said she was sleepy again, so I'd probably bath her tonight.

The cheeky girl is in a slightly better mood than yesterday. She's giggling more towards the later part of the day. Before she slept, I repeatedly nagged jokingly about her being a stinko baby and so sticky. She giggled and purposely gave me a tight hug, sticking her sweaty face against mine (I took a quick shower before she came back and felt soooo clean and good!)

As she nursed for a nap at abt 4.30pm (her 2nd nap), she continued to giggle and press her sweaty arms all over my belly. The more disgusted I appeared to be, the happier her giggle was.

I'm happy to see her more cheery at that point. Very thankful too that her fever hasn't returned since the last time we fed her the fever meds at 1am. Praying that her fever will not come back. She's coughing less violently now as well. Praying too, that her cough is finally recovering. We are left with the antibiotics that she has to finish whether or not she's feeling better. I pray she will be more cooperative. Most of all, I pray the lung infection is clearing up fast and that everything inside will be back to norm real soon!

Mr Liow will be meeting the Stacco board guy at 6.30pm. Pray also that he will be able to give that guy a good idea of what we want and that the stucco guy will be able to produce a sample of what we want exactly or an even more impressive idea of our originally preferred design.

No comments: