Saturday, July 24, 2010

A day out with AN

Met PJ and Cailyn yesterday in the afternoon for lunch but we all ended up having only dessert. Both kiddos were not hungry then, and neither were we. Had a very short chat and then we proceeded to Toys'R'Us so that the kids can play and I thought we would have more time to chat but AN had to have me follow her around and when both girls started catching 'scents' of different category of toys, we got separated for a while.

I had to settle my HPS issue by yesterday coz I've a wedding lunch today and CPF will have closed by the time we are done. Thank God CPF and SINGPOST are within walking distance at Tampines. PJ and C kept us company while we waited to enquire about my situation but once at Singpost, I thought it would be better they carry on with the rest of the day without us because the line at Singpost was SUPER long. It's probably normal for the line to be this long but I hardly had to be there to find out. Given a choice, I rather pay at the machines!!! Lesser waiting time...

AN kept herself entertained by singing her own songs (existing songs with her own lyrics). Is embarrassing coz she was quite loud in a fairly quiet environment but I can't possibly ask her to be quiet coz she was not being naughty. I let her be, and she caught the attention of a lady in the line. Hehe. That lady kept looking back and giggling from the front and at some point where we 'met' at a curve, she started talking to AN.

After an hour of waiting (thereabout), it was finally out turn. I almost freaked out when AN told me she needed to pee just as I was the first in line, finally!! She insisted she was urgent and when I turned to look at the number of people after us, I prayed hard she will not pee in her pants and decided to continue waiting.

She managed to keep her pee till we finished the transaction. Thank God her urge came at the last minute else we really would have to leave the line for her to go potty..Phew.

AN got hungry and asked for noodles right after we went back to CPF to present the receipt. One more issue down, and I am now left with Renewal of my IC. We went to the foodcourts again and I got beehoon to share with her. She was hungry and tried to eat but bring very tired as well, she actually dozed off while eating!! Poor baby. I carried her lying down and continued to finish the remaining (almost full bowl of food) on my own. It's one of the rare times I dine out alone. Never enjoyed eating without company outside home.

Called Mr Liow to see if he would be getting off work anytime then coz I had to carry AN and 2 bags. Quite a feat considering my poor back conditions these days. If he wasn't able to, I'd take a cab home.

He said he'd try, so I waited. There wasn't any seats within sight that I could rest on while waiting!! And I was too tired to move around looking for seats, so I stood outside TM waiting for about 30mins, till we both started to perspire. I then went into TM to wait. Didn't know why I was so silly to be waiting outside when it was much cooler inside

-_________-"

I noticed some empty seats at Mc.Donald's that some people had also been sitting on, without having to be a patron. I grabbed the next available seat ! It was sooooo comfy to have a place to rest my butt and aching limbs and shoulder. AN was still fast asleep!

We waited for Mr Liow and it didn't matter how long more he would take coz having a place to sit and put the bags down was enough to make me happy. He arrived soon after, we had dinner and then met PJ and C up again for bubble tea.

We finally got to sit down for a chat before PJ had to rush off to fetch Torres. C is a very smiley girl, so sweet! She's less shy compared to the first time we met a month ago but at this age, I think many girls are still not ready with strangers rightaway. AN wanted to hold C's hands as they walked earlier and C wasn't ready to. And at the end of the day when C wanted to give AN a goodbye hug, AN turned her down. By the time we left, C was tired. Glad she had dinner so she wouldn't feel hungry later on.

AN didn't have much herself, only that few scoops of noodles before she dozed off and a few more scoops of more noodles after we met Mr Liow up, and oh, LOTS of ice while we were catching up over tea! She kept going: "Mummy look! Small piece of ice!" and then popped them one after another into her mouth each time I nodded my head. She knew I was too distracted to limit her. Hmm.

It is to be a long day today starting early. Going to be fun! YH is back and will be back for a short while before he goes back to Utah. Hoping to see him today after ministry meeting, after church wedding. Hehe.

No comments: