Friday, July 30, 2010

I love my baby

It still affects me each time I remember those words I read about how terrible the disciplinary method we are using is. Under normal circumstances, I'd probably be angry for that day but not cry over it that much.

Blame it on my pregnancy hormones (conveniently) but since then, each time AN acts up now, those words come back and I would question my next move: to correct her or give in. The evil me will say: "Give in! And then when she starts behaving like that all the time in front of those people, just tell them that is the result of being too lenient and wasn't that what they were expecting??"

And yes, I turned away from AN to cry in exasperation instead of correcting her. That's how powerful simple words can be, even if they appear harmless to everyone else. Powerfully discouraging, even though my first reaction when I saw them was firmly insist that I am not going to care what others say.

After praying against these negative thoughts, I went online again to search for help on 3 year old behaviours and found AN to be going through a normal phase that will pass with age and correction. And I found this:

http://lavistachurchofchrist.org/LVanswers/2004/2004-05-06.htm

Yes, the bible did talk about discipline! And the many verses. I am responsible for AN's upbringing. Was that not why I stayed home full time? She is my ministry, my work and responsibility. If I were to give up just because some people spoke without senses, my work will not be complete.

I have to be firm and strongly trust that through prayer, I can continue with the work our Lord has has blessed me with (Phillipians 4:6-7)

No comments: