Monday, September 20, 2010

Away from Home with random thoughts

The family came (Mr Liow, AN, my parents, ah girl, Andy and even Krisly) in the evening to keep me company. Didn't feel very lonely till they left an hour ago. Last time with AN, I could sleep all day. Now it's sleepless in Mt A.

Am timing ER's nursing time. It's probably the nursing instinct that's keeping me up.

Oh yes, I cried after ER came out this morning and continued to sob uncontrollably for about half an hour. It's was embarrassing. Hehe. Dr Henry asked if I was in pain but when I said I wasn't, he asked me why I was crying. I didn't even know...must have been the hormones at work yet again. I thought about lots of things while I sobbed and realised I was jut emotional: I missed AN badly at that point, I was very very thankful to hear ER's cries, life ahead felt exciting, I was happy Mr Liow was with me and I was so thankful everything was OVER!

I remembered I cried the first week after AN was born and BM was away at Stormville coz I missed them badly. I think it was similar emotions that turns my tears on.

AN went home for a nap with the help of my mum this afternoon. She wasn't very cooperative but coz she was tired, she fell asleep in mum's arms. No choice. Mr Liow went back to Fernvale to continue putting things in order.

I actually have 2 more doses of ventolin with me. Thought I could drag a little while more. AN fed me the last dose last night at 10pm. I was very tempted to take another pill this morning after feeling the first contraction but was worried about how it may interfere with labour since I'm actually feeling pain this time.

And I realised Ethan is born at 38th week, only days later than AN. He's exactly 400g heavier than she was, and looks much chubbier than she did at birth. AN was 2.5kg days before she came out and lost 175g when she was born, at 2.325kg. ER was 2.78kg last Fri at Dr Cheng's office and 2.725kg at birth. He didn't lose much as compared to his elder sis.

I put on 9kg in total like the first time but I think my womb shrank faster after AN's birth. I am still carrying a belly about the size of my pregnant belly at 5 months. And I think I bled a lot this time. I needed some drips to stop bleeding. Nurses told me coz ER came out so fast, I may experience more bleeding than the first time coz there could be more blood in me. I hated the first month of profuse bleeding. Makes me feel so dirty all the time..yucks! And it's happening now, again, maybe worse?

Placenta looked different this time too. Basically almost everything about this pregnancy and labour was different, right from the start. I couldn't even tell at first that I was in labour even though I should have been more experienced this time.

I think I'm feeling sleepy now. Better rest now coz I think ER will come in to nurse in an hour or so. Finally feeling the sleepy bug :)

No comments: