Monday, October 25, 2010

Easy or plain greedy?

I'm used to stuffing pills down Baileys' and Maen's throats should they need to be medicated. I've also shared that Baileys is so gentle. He could have crushed my index finger into pieces each time I stick it down his throat with a pill but each time he felt me finger under his molars, he'd stop munching and lose the battle against the Pill.

Maen had been the healthier among the 2. Can't remember the last time I had to shove a pill down her throat.

Both enjoy their heartworm meds so there was never a need for 'violence'.

This is day 2 of Celexin (1/2 tabs twice a day.) Baileys swallowed his pill after the usual 'shove, shut, rub, done' procedure. It's harder to do the same with Maen though. She'd fidget and squirm and the pill will fall out.

BUT...

Maen will either lick it back up out of initiative, or lick till the pill melts in her mouth.

Hmm...if I knew it was that simple, I'd have just let her do her own swallowing. She must be wondering why I'm forcing her to eat something that tasty.

3 more days to go. I've not noticed improvements yet but of course. 2 days on medication only. I'm tempted to spray Colloidal Silver on Maen but guess it's better to let the antibiotics do its job first.

No comments: