Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Sleeping ALONE

It was AN's first night sleeping alone last night and she did it!

I laid down with her till she fell asleep. The baby monitor we used to have beside her when she was a baby, came in handy again.

ER and I slept in the master room with Mr Liow.

The whole night, besides waking up to feed ER every 2 hourly on average, I was also unable to sleep coz I was worried about my girl...I was afraid she would wake up finding herself sleeping all alone in the dark and get frightened.

Thank God there was not a single sound she made at all. The baby monitor didn't catch a single whine. She didn't even budge when I carried a bawling ER to her room for a diaper change. She did find the bedside lamp irritating and covered her eyes with her hands, and then fell asleep again.

ER and I went to sleep with her after Mr Liow went to work. She woke up with us by her side, not realising she survived the night all by herself!

I praised her this morning and told her she slept alone last night. She went:" I don't want to sleep by myself!" Too bad...it did happen.

Am praying that she will survive sleeping alone again tonight.

No comments: