Friday, November 12, 2010

The Story about Sleep

ER had the best rest ever last night! We tucked in around midnight and he did not wake up till 4plus am. After the 4am feed, he rested another 3hrs and woke up at 7plus.

I should be soundly resting too.....BUT...the elder sis did not sleep as well.

She was punished before bed time and did not go to sleep in peace. At 3:13am, I heard her sobbing and asking for me through the baby monitor.

I rushed over to hug her. I had been losing my patience with her very easily lately and with trying times during every meal, she gets it from me too often...And it's often after she's fallen asleep that my guilt attacks me. Why do I always choose to be so harsh with her when my conscience reminds me that I can choose to be gentle...

She hugged me tightly and said sorry before starting to sob. super heartache.... :( I hugged her for a long time till I thought she should have gone back to sleep but the moment I took my hands away, she woke up and pulled my hands back onto herself and firmly held onto me... I've created insecurity in my baby... :(

Didn't think she should continue sleeping alone coz she'd only continue to wake up and find me missing each time, so I took her to sleep in our room fter she remained awake for the next hour (in case ER wakes up needing my attention).

The end.

No comments: