Monday, December 6, 2010

Day 3: "Put Back that Stupid Thing"

AN actually used those words on the phone! I'm not surprised she'll start using the word 'stupid' one day. Really not surprised because she's heard characters on TV used the word and MIL used that word on the helper, in front of her: "You stupid or what?". But I'm thankful she hardly gets to hear MIL criticise the helper because the helper doesn't come often.

Despite this being the first time and having mental preparation that she'll learn that word one day, I still didn't feel any less angry. ANd she knew, because the moment she said them, I turned around and she covered her mouth. She knew that was a bad word to use, on people and on anything!

I have no idea how to prevent AN from learning bad words. That's not vulgar but one day, she'll learn to use this word to demean people and I do not want AN to grow up, well versed in using demeaning words to put people down.

This is just the beginning. I pray for wisdom and correct timing to remind her each time she uses words like that before they become part of her speech.

No comments: