Sunday, December 12, 2010

Day 9: Not everyday is Sunday

My 'Sunday' came yesterday. It was nice and peaceful.

It's Sunday today, but feels less so...

Was mopping the floor and ER kept waking up. Thank God though, that he slept through our breakfast...

Took me 2 hours just to mop the living room and 2 rooms.

MIL came back from church so she could stay in sight of AN. This girl needs someone around her lately, and if I'm not free to stay around her, anyone else can do.

Rushed thru ER's bath time so that AN could have her lunch. She had been nagging about having bread with milo again but refused fried rice for lunch. Had a showdown with her, she apologised and agreed to fried rice.

Took her 2 hours... TWO HOURS to finish 80% of her food. My blood started boiling after the first hour.

MIL helped rock ER to sleep whenever he woke up during the 2hours and I could see he wasn't resting well.

MIL wasn't feeling well herself and had medicine but wasn't able to rest peacefully coz that boy kept waking up.

ER finally appeared to be in a deeper slumber after a while more and since AN couldn't sleep with wet hair right after her shower, I did wiping. Considering that the last time corners of the house was dusted, it was by our part time helper before she smsed me writing that she broke her arm and had to rest. That was about...a month ago??

But surprisingly it was not very dusty when I wiped! I think mum did the dusting for me. She told me she wiped the TV console when she saw me do it last Wed. So, I stopped wiping. She must have wiped more than just that then.

AN then decided that she wanted bread with milo when I was finally done and showered. Had that and was supposed to sleep but couldn't stop yaking and asking to do more stuff: wanted to read, wanted to pee, kept getting up to pull the blanket over ER coz she didn't want him to feel cold (sweet of her), asked to have my pregnancy wedge to sleep on (been hers since ER came out), sang songs she made up, one after another...and before she finished this last song, sleep caught up with her.

It's 4.30pm now and I'm taking a break. ER must have slept enough just now and he's wide awake now. He is talking so much I wonder if AN had secretly passed on an invisible marathon torch to him before she fell asleep: torch of endless talking.

I guess by the time ER has enough of talking, AN will also have enough of sleeping. It's ok though, coz I'm not tired.

Mr Liow will be home in less than 12hrs. AN had been asking for him for the past week and when she learnt he'll be back early tomorrow morning, she got excited too.

Can't wait...we miss the man.



Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.5

No comments: