Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Girly AN

Makeup
I was changing ER's diapers one day last week and AN was doing 'makeup' on herself in front of the mirror.

She came to me saying: "mummy look at me! I put blusher and I look so pretty!"

Thinking nothing of it (coz she pretends to put makeup on herself quite often), I took a quick glance and turned my attention back to ER before his poop shoots out at me..but something wasn't right. I thought AN had dark patches on her face....? Or was that shadows caused by the lights, that I've never noticed?

I took a closer look and realised that she DID put makeup on herself: She shaded her nose and under her cheekbones!

I asked her what she used to make herself up and she shared with me her secret: dark blue colour pencil on her nose and cheeks.

Dresses
AN has an obssession with dresses. She wants to put on a dress all the time! She asked to wear a dress to school (thank God the lower half of of her school uniform is a skort. It looks like a skirt from the front at least, so she insisted less on wanting to wear a dress to school), wants to put on a dress to sleep at night, and only dresses to go out in.

She loves to look at pictures of Disney Princesses and asks to have a long long dress which in her words, is "so long it touches my toes" and keeps reminding us about it. We are looking for one, at least.

Hair Pins and hair styles
She pins her own hair up if I forget to, especially now that her bangs are so long they prick her eyes. She likes pretty pins and when she does pin her own hair up, she'll go "Look mummy (or whoever's around her), I pinned my own hair up. Pretty right?"

And in the morning before school, she tells me how she wants her hair to be like for the day: One pony tail, 2 pony tails, 1 braid, or 2 braids.

And not just that, she wants me to do it the way she wants it: "Mummy, I wants my pony tail to be this high.", and points to her ears. She wants her pony tail to stick out from behind her ears.

My vain pot.

No comments: