Friday, January 7, 2011

Beck and call

I got a call at 10am in the morning and was told the cabinets will be coming at 2 pm. I will not be able to wait at home because I'd be fetching AN and even if I rushed back, it would have been near 3pm. She could have come down but she suggested: "Ask you father to go and wait for the cabinet so I don't have to go over. So troublesome."

Trouble? Ask MY father to go through this trouble for HER? She's no one to my father, for goodness sake!!

Delivery time got changed to 3pm, so I took AN and ER and rushed back home (with my father's help ultimately, and I didn't even ask for his help. That's what my parents will go through for us). I'm so super thankful that my parents, unlike some others, have always been supportive and tries their best to be flexible for US. And they never once expected anything in return, never in words, never in action.

AN fell asleep in the cab and staggered back home after alighting.

Then at 3.18pm, I got a call saying the cabinets will not be coming. She added: "It's a free service, so there's nothing we can do about it." I agree with that sentence. Under normal circumstances, I won't have blamed anyone ELSE because it's a favour and we appreciate help. But I can't bring myself to cool off, especially when this was caused by one who practises double standard.

We seriously are not that hard-up for a chest of drawers and some rubbish, are we?

But one good thing as a result of this was, AN went to nap by herself just now. I told her I had to wait for the movers to come with the cabinet and asked her to go sleep by herself first. She did :) yeah. Another step nearer to independance...can I accept that happening?

No comments: