Friday, January 7, 2011

End of first school week!

Thursday (6.1.11)
Mum took AN home before dinner yesterday and brought us fried rice that she made. I'm so thankful for mum. She is as busy as us, if not busier, now that AN is at school.

seems like AN is really eating better now that she's in school. Teacher indicated on her parent-teacher communication book that she had both breakfast and lunch but no milk. Back at my parents's, she had almost 1 slice of bread but fell asleep while eating, leaving only an index-finger-sized portion. And this also marks the 1st time she slept without me by her side.

Mum said she was very well behaved, my aunt came to see AN yesterday and complimented her on behaving well too.

Friday (7.1.11)
It's finally Friday! AN has a hard time waking coz she sleeps after 11pm. I'll see what I can do to make her sleep earlier. Quite a feat coz flexibility is limited to when ER sleeps, or wakes. Many times we end up sleeping late coz ER needs attention and the longer he takes to be pacified, the later AN will be tucked in. She can't sleep till lights go out.

Surprisingly, she asked for milk this morning and finished it! I made her 100mls.

I didn't do well enough though :( She wanted to put her pants back on after toilet just before she went to school. I told her she didn't have to, because it was only a short distance to the sofa where her panty and school uniform was. She insisted on putting on her pants even when I could have dressed her for school and she started stomping again. We both got upset. I did as she wanted, to put her pants back on and took it off again. I was rough with her and she cried :(

This time I recovered soon enough to dispel the anger. We hugged and made peace, kissed goodbye and signed "I love you", but still, damage had been done :( Mr Liow smsed me saying AN cried and didn't want him to leave when they got to school. Was it because of the earlier episode?

I'm sure she'll be fine when activities start in a while, I hope.

Mr Liow's mum will be shifting her stuff over later. I wonder what time......Don't know how to call and confirm, as if everyone's required to be at her beck and call...was that not what she would have expected of anyone else if she had to wait them? To at least give a timing??? Double standard..

Hope to be able to go fetch AN today. My heart feels unsettled when I hear she's not happy :(

Updated @ 4:03pm
She came back a happy girl. Mum and I waited outside the classroom and coz the door was frosted glass, we could see some of the little girls standing against the door. We saw a little girl lean against the door, and then one more which I know was my baby girl. She's that petite and I recognise her bag and bottle. hehe. She was actually imitating her classmate who was leaning against the door before she did.

She happily came out when the teacher opened the door for another student whose mum rang the bell (I went knocking on the glass door when there was a door bell -_____-") She saw me and showed me a pieces of artwork in her hands that she said she didnt' make. The other 2 girls each had one with them as well. hmm...Not something she made, so what's it doing with her?

It was one of the teacher's last day and she had a farewell gift of sweets, and inside her bag was a weekly book of report. It records the activities she goes through in a week: art, chinese etc.

They are learning to draw lines: straight, horiontal, vertical, curved etc. That's to prep them to learn to write letters. I'm surprised. AN finished writing A-Z in both big and small caps before ER popped but she's stopped practising since then. Apparent the N2 students have not learn to write anything...?

Does anyone have any idea if montessori students will be able to fit into Primary school well? It seems they do not follow MOE curriculum. hmm..

What sets my heart at ease is knowing AN enjoys herself at school. hehe. That's what matters more at this age :)

No comments: