Thursday, January 20, 2011

Bottlefeeding

Attempt #1

Status: Fail

Tried twice. Once when he wasn't really hungry and he didn't want, obviously. Second attempt tried when he was really hungry. Too traumatising for him and we failed again. Hehe.

Wasted 8oz of milk....but not really. The furkids got to drink again. They got it the first time when AN was an infant. Let's see how they do this time. Dared not give them too much, only 4oz from the first try. The remaining 4oz is going to waste. It still pains me to watch the milk go down the drain. And I thought being a 2nd time milking mummy means I'm less inclined to feel it.

Bottlefeeding breastmilk is troublesome. U need to thaw milk, then heat it up. And there's the sterilising part. Lots of work.

I tried to be smart and bought a set of wide base medela teats from USA but after sterilising, when milk was FINALLY warm enough, I realise the teats didn't fit the regular medela collars.

-______-"

I had to dig into the cupboard to find the regular teats that came as together with the bottles and collars.

Glad I bought the sterilising bag from Amazon, so sterilising those accessories were made a little simpler.

He was crying so badly he turned red during our 2nd attempt. Before he starts turning purple, I latched him. The first time since days ago, he happily latched on and DRANK without fidgeting.

Uh-oh.

Need to get him more used to the bottle, else I can forget about taking assignments.

For tomorrow, I've prepared 3 packs in the fridge to be thawed in time.

Baby boy, you can do it ok?

No comments: