Thursday, January 20, 2011

Slowed to a halt

Our boy has all sorts of behaviours. Most often, he wouldn't want to suckle to sleep (in my arms) and for the past wks, he drinks (as in a proper feeding session) only when lying down on the bed, refusing when I offer him while holding him in my arms. If I insist, he'll suckle for less than 5mins and goes without a feed for anything been 3-5 hrs (he makes noise in between, especially when he needs to sleep. He rather be walked to sleep on most occasions). And he falls asleep, seemingly on an empty tummy.

It was something else tonight: his eyes were closed but he was drinking while lying down, moving his hands and kicking his feet. He pushed me away, so I thought he probably didn't want to drink or suckle anymore. Picked him up to walk him but he couldn't sleep either. In fact, walking him actually woke him up. All these while, he made no noise.

FINALLY after more than an hour, on my latest attempt to nurse him to sleep (after trying and repeating the usual methods), his feet stopped kicking and his hands moved slow....till they came to rest.

*phew*

Was wondering how long he'd take to get to dreamland and praying that all those fidgeting won't end up upsetting him and making him cry. Thank God the zzzzz-bug kissed him in time.

Is this his new 'stunt'? Hmm....

Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.5

No comments: