Tuesday, January 11, 2011

What naturally keeps me awake

ER's blocked nose is getting worse. I don't know if he got it from AN or is that infant congestion. Either way, he's having problems breathing.

He wakes up every hour to latch last night, for comfort I guess. And from near 4am, he couldn't sleep. he wasn't fussing though, but he was chatty.

Ooh...all the "goo-s" and "ga-s", his smiley eyes, his cheeky smile: those were what kept me awake. It's irresistible. The little boy is too cute to ignore. Hehe.

We chatted from 4am till about 5.30am and he got cranky after that. Understandably so, since he had been awake for 1 1/2 hr. I had to walk him to sleep since he didn't want to suckle. He's very UNLIKE AN in this. AN could sleep in no time whenever she latched on. No matter how early I wanted her to sleep in the past, all I had to do was latch her and she would be asleep in seconds. Not ER. Most times, he just wanted us to carry him to sleep. Nursing to sleep happens once in a while.

Having gotten not much sleep and to wake up by 6.30am to help AN prepare for school, I was dead tired. My body recovered once I woke up. AN went to school happily as usual (I tried to not pick on her refusal to finish her milk) and I went back to rest a little more.

Didn't expect that little shut-eye will take 3 hours. I even dreamt that I went out with Lishi. hehe. The next thing I know, I had 6 missed calls from my father and an sms from Mr Liow informing me that my family is looking for me. My dad called to inform me that my mum made lunch and he will be bringing it over to me shortly.

I am blessed. Can't be more thankful for my family. Days like these, I feel how perfect God has made my life to be. But then because of how I choose to respond to random events that happen each day, I end up with results of a less-than-perfect life. I should say, I had a perfect start this morning to the rest of today.

ER is whining again. Got to bath him now. It's Sheryn's wedding dinner tonight and the kids are coming with us. Can't wait to meet the pretty bride and share her special evening with her :)

No comments: